CBN GOVERNOR, MR. GODWIN EMEFIELE’S INSENSITIVE CASHLESS POLICY
When the masses are not in the picture of any government policy emanation of cosmetic anarchy is inevitable.
Abstractly, I will take the insensitive cashless policy of Godwin Emefiele from the angle of electricity; the livewire of a nation is power. Nothing can work anywhere, even in the world without it
God knows the importance of light, he created it first; meaning, life depends on it.
If Nigeria must work again, the power system must be restored. I contested for the position of President, my campaign tag was on light- “Light Nigeria ” because I know by research and understanding, everything ties around electricity.
Satellites, cyber security, technology and digital space, infrastructure, telecoms, roads, banks, production, education, health, SMEs, artisans, transportation, social media, innovation, business etc can only function when there is constant electricity.
Now, the only source to generate power is through economic money-driven policy that CBN failed to understand and refused to reform.
The current frustration in Nigeria is choking Africa generally and is making life unbearable. Nigeria needs quick intervention to secure lives and property.
Understandably, change is constant and is inevitable to boost economic growth of the country, however, it should be through strategic fundamental provision for the country to move forward.
The current situation in Nigeria is like CBN led by Godwin Emefiele intentionally put the masses on a fake bridge of crocodile lake with sword and blade without an escape route. The people are now left with chance “survival of the fittest”. Sad!
WHAT SHOULD THE PEOPLE DO TO SCALE THROUGH THIS FRUSTRATING PERIOD
- Nigerians should put on their humanistic and compassionate value cloak and quickly activate help culture.
- The bankers should pity the poor and release the money in their volts. They should remember they also need what the poor need. ( money, food, water, groceries, fuel, light, movement etc)
- Eliminate selfish inhumane activity of taking advantage of one another.
- Nigerians should understand business transactional engagement is a chain reaction. We are all in this mess together, let’s not compound it by cheating, defrauding, and or scamming others in the name of CBN’s insensitivity.
WHAT SHOULD THE GOVERNMENT DO TO SALVAGE THE CURRENT ECONOMIC WAR?
- Reduce the pain effect of CBN Cashless policy on people by removing the withdrawal limit scheme.
- Charge the bank with N1 Billion naira against Naira selling and hurding
- Let there be 24 hrs electricity across the nation while they work on fuel availability.
- Sack CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele and replace him with a sound active concerned and compassionate Socio-Economic Expert who is also globally certified in Executive Psychology Education
- Government should create a control policy with commercial banks on currency exchange, and enforce the cashless policy on hard currency with withdrawal limits.
WHAT CBN SHOULD DO TO REVAMP THE MESSY SITUATION.
- Work with the masses.
- Suspend the current naira withdrawal limit.
- Say no to corruption
- Inject more money into the banks
- Be compassionate.
Dr. Favour Ayodele